Connecting to Government Online
The library offers the following links to government entities and sites in order to facilitate community engagement with various governmental units and services.
Now Available: free online tax return preparation for those with adjusted gross income below $58,000, backed by a helpline staffed by IRS certified volunteers. The My Free Taxes program is sponsored by United Way of Davie County.
- Davie County Website
- Davie County Courts Directory
- Davie County Schools
- Davie County Sheriff's Office
- 311GIS.com is an app that can be used with a smartphone to report problems such as missing street signs, potholes, or street lights that are out; the location is captured using GPS and a photo can be sent; the report will go to the appropriate government agency.
North Carolina State Government
- Attorney General
- Dept of Revenue
- NC Advance Health Care Registry
- NC Cooperative Extension
- NC Criminal Records
- NC Department of Public Instruction
- NC Employment Security Commission
- NC General Assembly
- NC Health Information
- NC Official Website
- NC Real Time Travel Information
- NC State Data Center
- NC State Government Website Archives
- State Tax Forms
- Vehicle Registration Renewal
- Veterans Affairs - See this site for a resource guide to state and federal benefits for veterans and their families.
If you do not see what you seek, try NC Mosaic, an extensive online searchable database of NC government entities and information across an array of institutions, topics, and formats.
U.S. Federal Government
- FedStats (statistics from 100+ U.S. federal agencies)
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- FTC National No Call Registry
- Smithsonian Institution
- Social Security Administration
- U.S. Census 2010
- U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services
- U.S. Government Printing Office
- U.S. House of Representatives
- U. S. Senate
- U.S. Statistical Abstract
- U.S. White House