Kids & Teens
DCPL Youth Services
DCPL offers a wide array of services and programs for our young patrons.
NC Kids Digital Library
What's the buzz? Check out the new NC Kids eBook collection targeted just for children, pre-K through elementary school. Click here for NC Kids training videos!
Tutor.com Now Available
Need a hand with homework? We can help. The library now offers free online tutoring through , 7 days a week, from 3:00 to 10:00 PM. No appointments needed. On-demand tutoring is available for homework, research, test prep and writing assistance for a broad range of subjects. Take a look at how the service works. Check it out today!
Summer Learning Program 2019:
- SLP'19 Color Calendar & Summary Guidelines
- SLP19 Youth Volunteer Info-App
- SLP'19 Movies at DCPL - may use links to see Common Sense Media reviews of movies
- Elementary Reader's Club with BoB 19 - 20
- NCBC Summer 2019
- SLP19 Tues Elem & Teen Activities
- SLP19 Adult Programming
The Youth Services department visits daycare centers in the community, sponsors Every Child Ready to Read workshops for parents, and interacts with the public in other ways.
- For details, visit the Outreach Programs page.
Reading with Ranger
Reading with Ranger gives young people an opportunity to prepare and read to a patient, listening, live dog in the library. Ranger is a "Tail Waggin' Tutor" with Therapy Dog International certification. Ranger and his owners, The Gaithers, will be available for 15 min. appointments during the summer of 2019 on Tues. from 9:30-10:30 am and 6:30-7:30 pm. Please check the web calendar to verify his availability on summer days. Appointments must be scheduled at least 2 days in advance to ensure Ranger will be here.
- Families can learn more by contacting Miss Julie in the afternoons at 336-753-6038 or email (email@example.com) anytime.
- Reading with Ranger permission slip.
Story Time is offered to enhance the growth and development of young children and support parents with early learning skills.
- See details on Story Time offerings.