Kids & Teens
DCPL Youth Services
DCPL offers a wide array of services and programs for our young patrons.
NC Kids Digital Library
What's the buzz? Check out the new NC Kids eBook collection targeted just for children, pre-K through elementary school. Click here for NC Kids training videos!
Tutor.com Now Available
Need a hand with homework? We can help. The library now offers free online tutoring through , 7 days a week, from 3:00 to 10:00 PM. No appointments needed. On-demand tutoring is available for homework, research, test prep and writing assistance for a broad range of subjects. Take a look at how the service works. Check it out today!
Summer Reading Program 2017:
- SRP'17 Color Calendar & Summary Guidelines F&B prints 2 sided on long 8.5 x 14 paper
- SRP'17 Movies at DCPL - may use links to see Common Sense Media reviews of movies
YA Reading 2017
NCBC Spring 2018
Summer Reading Program 2017 Tuesday and Thursday Activities Flyer
The Youth Services department visits daycare centers in the community, sponsors Every Child Ready to Read workshops for parents, and interacts with the public in other ways.
- For details, visit the Outreach Programs page.
Reading with Ranger
Reading with Ranger gives young people an opportunity to prepare and read to a patient, listening, live dog in the library. Ranger is a "Tail Waggin' Tutor" with Therapy Dog International certification. Ranger and his owners, The Gaithers, will be available for 15 min. appointments on Saturdays 11 am until noon during the fall of 2014. Please check the web calendar to verify his availability on summer days. Appointments must be scheduled at least 2 days in advance to ensure Ranger will be here.
- Families can learn more by contacting Miss Julie in the afternoons at 336-753-6038 or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) anytime.
- Reading with Ranger permission slip.
Story Time is offered to enhance the growth and development of young children and support parents with early learning skills.
- See details on Story Time offerings.