Individuals who are moderately to severely immunocompromised and received the Moderna or Pfizer vaccines may now receive an additional dose of vaccine to better protect themselves from COVID-19.
The FDA has amended the Emergency Use Authorizations for both vaccines to allow for the use of an additional dose in some immunocompromised individuals. Including people who have:
- Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
If you qualify to receive a third dose, call the Davie County Health and Human Services Vaccination Scheduling Line, 336-753-6779, in order to schedule an appointment.