The Census count helps bring valuable resources to Davie County.
Census Day is coming April 1, 2020, and we need everyone to “Make it Count” by completing their Census form.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
In the weeks leading up to Census Day on April 1, 2020, you will receive your Census letter in the mail. When you receive this mailing please respond. It only takes a few minutes to ensure you and your family are counted. Here are some points to remember about the Census:
- THE CENSUS IS CONVENIENT: Your household will receive a letter asking you to respond
- THE CENSUS IS SAFE: Respondent information is confidential and secure
- THE CENSUS IS REQUIRED: By the U.S. Constitution so that everyone is counted-from newborns to senior citizens
CENSUS PARTICIPATION IMPACTS OUR FUNDING IN THE COMMUNITY WITH:
- HEALTHCARE: Health insurance (including Medicare), domestic violence, foster care, nutrition assistance, cooperative extension, wildlife, and veterans programs
- EDUCATION: Resources for our children in pre-k through college to assist with teachers, textbooks and other educational expenses
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Economic development and the upkeep of our roads, highways, broadband, water, and sewer needs
- REPRESENTATION: The number of seats for NC Counties in the U.S. House of Representatives
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT HOW THE CENSUS IMPACTS DAVIE COUNTY?
- What is the Census?
- When does the Census take place?
- How do I complete the Census?
- Why is a complete and accurate Census count important?
- What languages will be offered?
- What if I don’t complete the Census?
- Will my personal information be safe?
- What will I be asked?
- Why am I being asked about race and origin?
- How can I help ensure a complete count?
- Can I work for the Census?