Friends of the Library
Who Are We?
The Friends of the Davie County Public Library is a 501 c3 group whose mission is to establish closer relations between Davie County Public Library and its patrons at both branches (Cooleemee and Mocksville). F.O.L. supports the library with funds for resources and programs. F.O.L. provides volunteers and activities that support and educate library staff, and sponsors community programs and events.
We are made up of an executive board which coordinates our activities, and our members who help us work to raise funds as well as volunteering to help support and enrich our community through library programs.
What Do We Do?
- We work with the library staff to focus public attention on Davie County Public Library’s resources and services
- We strive to encourage and show appreciation to the library staff and its volunteers
- We help publicize programs and resources that are an educational asset to our community at both branches of the Davie County Public Library
- We raise funds for use in developing library services for the community
- We financially support the strides our library is making in the goal of making different types of technology available to all the members of our community
Friends of Davie County Public Library Activities
- F.O.L. co-sponsors special speakers and visiting writers' events that are free to the community
- Supports the children's summer reading program with funds and volunteers
- Hosts library staff and volunteer appreciation activities each year
- Helps celebrate National Library Week
- Purchases resource materials for youth services
- Organizes semi-annual used book sales (Usually in April & October) to raise funds for the library
- Promotes literacy in our community by supporting library services, technology, and equipment for teens, seniors, and early learners.
- Sponsors special projects for library patrons of all ages – see our website for details of how you can help
2018 Executive Board
Interim President: Serisa Johnson
Vice President: Marcia Phillips
Treasurer: Marsha Crooker
At Large Board Members
Annual Membership Levels:
Senior (55 and over) $4.00
Life Membership Levels:
Ind. Life $100.00 one-time
Couple Life $150.00 one-time
Organization $50.00 minimum
Membership Benefits include: e-news updates on all the latest events, discounts on some memberships, 50% off at book sales, exclusive F.O.L. events, volunteer opportunities, helping to support our library staff and services. Teachers receive a discount on books and on membership. If you would like to help promote literacy in our community by giving to the Friends of Davie County Public Library, check into your employers' policies. Many companies have corporate gift matching programs which help your gifts go further. All donations made to the F.O.L. are tax deductible.
Checks should be made out to Friends of Davie County Public Library, and sent to Friends of Davie County Public Library, 371 North Main Street, Mocksville, NC 27028.
Please visit us at http://www.friendsofdavielibrary.com/ for the latest updates on our activities and projects or follow us on Facebook.