Local History & Genealogy
Davie County History
The Library’s Martin-Wall Local History Room contains a treasure trove of resources on Davie County history and families. Find what you're looking for here -
Online Document Portal
- Church Histories
- Davie County Records
- and Index
- Family Records
- Military Records
Additional Online Resources
- Cemetery Census - Allen Dew has compiled a comprehensive listing of Davie County cemeteries with their GPS coordinates and listing of interments based on the cemetery books published by the Davie County Historical & Genealogical Society.
- Digital Davie: an online photographic history of the county under the auspices of the North Carolina Digital Heritage Center. Best viewed with browser other than Internet Explorer.
- Genealogy Resources page
- NC High School Yearbooks: scroll down to Davie County
- Youtube: Davie County History Video Playlist including H. Lee Waters films
Physical Resources in the History Room
The holdings in the History Room Collection include thousands of Primary Sources in the form of documents, photos, and genealogical records. Secondary sources include reference books, census records, marriage indexes, and many more.
We invite you to visit and browse all hours the library is open (finding guides will be available) or come during Monday or Thursday afternoons, noon to 5 pm, and Tuesdays 9 am to 2 pm for personal research assistance. You can also contact us at 336-753-6031.
This link will tell you some of the information we have available onsite.
History Help Desk
Send requests for help by contacting us. Research assistance is part time so there may be a short delay in responding and limited time for each and every pursuit. Complete our form to receive assistance for personal assistance in research.
Genealogy Databases and other Websites Accessible in Library
Enjoy access to the following research databases:
- HeritageQuest may be used inside the library or from a remote location
- Ancestry Library Edition may be used while inside the library
- Fold3 to explore historical military records, from the Revolutionary War to Desert Storm; may be used within the library or from a remote location. You do not need to have an account with Fold3 to access the content. Must be accessed from browser other than Internet Explorer.
- FamilySearch may be used from a library computer with the creation of a free account.
Many books and map reproductions are available for purchase; access and order here.
The Davie County Historical and Genealogical Society
All are welcome to attend meetings on the 4th Thursday of each month at 7:00 pm. Visit the Davie County Historical and Genealogical Society website for more information.