Davie County Tax Listing
Notice of Davie County Tax Listing
All property on hand Jan 1, 2023, both real and personal, is subject to taxation regardless of age and sex of owner.
During the normal listing period taxpayers must list any vehicle that is not licensed (doesn’t have a current registration) or that has a permanent multiyear tag as of Jan 1, 2023. Other property you must list is as follows; mobile homes, boats and motors, jet skis, aircraft, farm equipment used to produce income, tools, assets and supplies of a business, furnishings owned and rented by a landlord. Taxpayers should also report any new buildings or any improvements built on real estate, or any changes to real estate.
2023 listing forms will be mailed to taxpayers that listed personal property in 2022. If you do not receive a listing form and need to list property or report changes to real property please contact the Tax Assessor’s Office. Forms are available online. The county does provide electronic listing for business personal and individual personal property.
Exclusions – must be 65 or totally and permanently disabled to apply
1. Elderly and Disabled Exclusion
- Income must be $33,800 or below
- Must be 65 or older and totally and permanently disabled
- Reduction of $25,000 or 50% of value of home and 1 acre of land
2. Disabled Veterans Exclusion
- No income cap
- Must be honorably discharged
- Must have a 100% service related disability
- Reduction of $45,000 in value of home and 1 acre of land
3. Circuit Breaker
- Income must be $47,850 or below
- Must be a legal North Carolina resident and have owned and occupied property as your permanent legal residence for five years
If you are currently receiving an exclusion you do not need to reapply. If you would like to apply you may request an application from the Tax Assessor’s office. Applications are also online.
Place to list: Tax Assessor’s Office, Administration Building, 123 South Main Street, Mocksville NC 27028
Ways to List: Either in person, on-line, or by mail
Hours to List: Monday - Friday from 8AM - 5PM
Listing Period: Jan 1 – Jan 31, 2023. Listing forms must be received by or have a USPS Postmark of Jan 31, 2023 or before to be considered on time. Late listings are assessed a 10% penalty.
Tel: 336 753-6120
Web: daviecountync.gov then select Departments, Tax Administration and Forms.
Davie County Tax Administrator