Vital Record Requests
NOW REQUEST & PAY FOR VITAL RECORDS ONLINE!
The Davie County Register of Deeds Office is pleased to announce a new online service where you can request, pay, and receive birth, death, and marriage certificates without physically coming into the office! Our Get Certificate Now program allows you to request certified or uncertified copies of any Davie County birth, death, or marriage records for people who were born, died, or whose marriage license is filed in Davie County. You simply place your order, pay with a credit or debit card, and we will receive the request, process it for you, and mail it out to the address you provide. You also have the option of picking up your orders in person once they have been completed. Get Certificate Now is a convenient, safe alternative to mailing in a request or physically coming into the office for copies of your vital records.
Who May Obtain a Certified Copy?
N.C.G.S. §130A-93 states who is entitled to obtain a certified copy of a North Carolina Vital Record. Those entitled are as follows:
- The applicant;
- The applicant's spouse;
- The applicant's brother, sister, step-brother, or step-sister;
- The applicant's parent or step-parent;
- The applicant's child or step-child;
- The applicant's grandparent or grandchild; and
- An authorized agent, attorney, or legal representative of the applicant.
Identification is required for all who request a certified vital record. Alternatively, uncertified copies of all vital records are open to public inspection.
How to Obtain a Certified or Uncertified Copy of a Birth, Death, or Marriage Certificate? (3 options):
1. Physically come into the office during regular business hours Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.;
2. Access the new online request and payment system here with Get Certificate Now where you can submit your requests, pay online, and our office will mail them to the address you provide; or
3. Download the appropriate form below and mail the form (along with the appropriate fee) to the Davie County Register of Deeds Office at 123 S. Main St., Mocksville, NC 27028.
4. Birth Certificates of individuals who were adopted are not available in our office and are ONLY on file at NC Vital Records in Raleigh. Please contact their office at 919-792-5987 for assistance with adoption records.
N.C.G.S. §130A-26A: It is a felony violation to fraudulently request a certified copy of a vital record or obtain, possess, sell, furnish, use, or attempt to use for any purpose of deception a North Carolina Vital Record.