Computer & Internet Access
The library offers several personal computers for Internet access or word processing. Patrons may log into the computers with their library card numbers and last names. Checkout is limited to two 30-minute sessions per day with the option to extend time if no one is waiting. One computer is dedicated to foreign language programs, tutoring, continuing education, and use of online reference databases; reservations are recommended to ensure that this computer is available when you come to the library. See our Internet Acceptable Use Agreement.
Mobile Printing Service
You can now print wirelessly from all mobile devices, including laptops, tablets and smartphones, and submit print jobs from home or in the library.
Method 1: Send as Email Attachment
Login to your email account and send/forward an email with the document to be printed as an attachment to either of two printers:
- Black and White : firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Color : firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Only the attachment will be printed. This will send your print job to the Circulation Desk at the Davie County Public Library in Mocksville NC.
Method 2: Upload to Web Portal
1. Go to the Wireless Printing Portal at Wireless Print Portal DCPL
2. Select one of the two library printers to print to:
• Black and White
3. Enter your email address.
4. Select document:
• If printing from a website: copy and paste the website's URL into the text box.
• If printing a document from your computer: click Browse and locate file.
5. Click the green print button to send your print job to the Circulation Desk at the Davie County Public Library in Mocksville NC.
B&W copies are 10 cents per page; color copies are 25 cents per page; pay when you go to the library to pick up your copies.
Patrons can register for 1-hour computer, tablet/e-reader, or smartphone lessons with a staff member. Lessons include general use of a device, searching the Internet, creating an email account, compiling a resume, or learning how to use certain programs. Call for more information about this program as lesson times vary throughout the year.
- For those not able to come to the library, library staff delivers books and other materials to Davie County residents, day care centers, and nursing homes. Call (336) 753-6030 for information about days and times the Outreach van travels to your area.
- The library has two large display cases in the front lobby for use by community organizations. Patrons may reserve a display case for one month at no charge. Call the library at (336) 753-6030 for reservations.
- An auditorium with kitchen (capacity of 129), a conference room (capacity of 12), and two small study rooms are available by reservation. Call the library at (336) 753-6030 for information regarding rental fees and policies.
- Proctoring services are available. Call (336) 753-6030 to make a reservation with a library staff member.
- Incoming faxes may be received and outgoing faxes may be sent at either library location.