You may register to vote in Davie County if you are:
- A citizen of the United States
- A legal resident of Davie county for 30 days be the date of the next election
- A person 18 years of age or older
- A person convicted of a felony may vote after his or her time has been served, any fines paid and probation completed.
Voter Registration Check
Davie County has a permanent registration system. You need to register, transfer, or re-register only if you:
- Have changed your name
- Have moved to a different voting precinct since you registered in Davie County. If you move, it is a violation of the law to return to your old precinct and vote after 30 days
- Have not registered in Davie County before
- Wish to change your party affiliation
A voter registration card will be mailed to you once your registration application has been processed. This card will show the districts that you live in, your voting precinct name and polling location, your party affiliation, and voter ID number. This card may be used to change your address by mail should you move within Davie County, change your name, or change your party. It can also be used to cancel your Davie County registration should you move out of the county.
A registration form must be postmarked 25 days before election or delivered to the Board of Elections office no later than 25 days before an election in order to be good for that election. Registration may be placed in an inactive status if a voter card is returned by the Postal Service as undeliverable.