How Can I Help?
Volunteering can be a rewarding experience while helping others and improving our community. The skills our volunteers possess are as diverse as the needs in our community. We encourage volunteers to use their time, talent, voice and money to make a meaningful difference in Davie County. Below are some ideas to help you take action that changes the world.
- Crisis Response Advocate- answers the 24/7 crisis line (on evenings and weekends) providing immediate emotional and informational support. There are designated volunteers and/or staff members who provide hospital accompaniment for sexual assault victims, their friends and family members.
- Volunteer Advocate- answers client phone calls in office and provides them with the necessary information; helps clients fill out protective orders and enters client information into our database. Other tasks that may be required are copying and gathering teaching materials for our Outreach & Prevention Coordinator and filing client files.
- Fundraising Committee- helps DDVS & RCC plan our annual fundraiser. Assists the staff in collecting donations, promoting the event, increasing our volunteer staff, and creating unique and exciting fundraising ideas.
- Puppeteer- assists the Outreach & Prevention Coordinator with puppet shows in the school system. No speaking parts are necessary-Just move the puppets' mouth along with the recording!
- Jr. Volunteer- under the age of 18. DDVS & RCC offers great volunteer opportunities for minors who are interested in helping our agency or need of volunteer experience for school. Jr. Volunteers help with table displays, puppet shows during the summer, designing posters for events and much more.
All potential volunteers MUST pass a criminal background check.
Volunteer advocacy training is held twice a year and all volunteers are encouraged to attend. Only those who complete the training are permitted to work one on one with victims.
Please fill out the Volunteer Application, Waiver, Background Release, and Confidentiality Form and submit to Linda Coplin.
172 South Clement Street - Suite 2
Mocksville, NC 27028
Fax: (336) 751-3451